Auxiliary & Committee Resources
For all Beth Or auxiliaries, programs and committees, please scan throughout the website to find information pertaining to your group, or type in key words in the search bar at the top right of each page. Below are some resources to use as you are planning events/programs that require on-site set up or promotion.
Beth Or Brand Materials & Guidelines
- We encourage all of our auxiliaries, programs and committees to use our Beth Or brand logos, colors and fonts when creating advertising, promotion, communication or other presentation materials.
- Please contact Judy Trias, Jillian Glick or Amy Abrams to gain access to the following for your use: Beth Or logo, Auxiliary/Committee logos, Gotham fonts, Power Point template, letterhead, Brand Guidelines.
Scheduling an Event/Program
- An annual calendar meeting takes place each Spring with auxiliary/committee leaders to set up our preliminary schedule for the following fiscal year (July - June). Please contact Amy Abrams if you would like to attend this meeting.
- If you would like to add an event to the calender, email Amy Abrams with the requested date/time and brief details. Amy must clear the date before you may proceed. Once approved, the event will be added to the synagogue internal calendar.
- Once your date is approved and you have planned the event/program, complete the on-line Event Set Up Form or contact Genevieve Yanity to review event logistics for set up/tear down.
- Event Setup Form
- All logistics questions should be directed to Amy Abrams or Genevieve Yanity.
- To secure promotion for your event, complete the on-line Event Promo Form.
- Event Promo Form
- It's important to plan ahead in order to take advantage of the most promotion for your event. While we do not guarantee promotion, we will try our best to use different communication vehicles to get the word out!
Suggested timing in order to secure advance promotion:
- Spotlight - minimum 6 weeks prior to the issue date. Spotlight is our full color magazine mailed to the homes of all members around the 1st of September, November, January, March, May, & July. Articles and event details/photos should be sent to Judy Trias and Ellen Wichterman.
- Spotlight Contribution Details
- Events Booklet - minimum 4 weeks prior to the issue date. The events booklet contains black & white flyers and is in homes approximately the 2nd week of August, October, December, February, April, & June. Send your flyer to our graphic designer, Jill Bascove, or contact Jill for specs and design assistance. (If you need design assistance, please allow extra time.)
- Beth Or Billboard (BOB) - lobby electronic signs - minimum 4 weeks before your event RSVP Deadline. Send your full color slide to Jill Bascove or contact Jill for specs or design assistance. (If you need design assistance, please allow extra time.)
- Chai LIghts - weekly email distributed on Monday. Typically we will pick up event information from the above vehicles.
- Order of Service Sheet - minimum 2 weeks before your event. Send information to Barbara Murtha.
- Facebook Post - timing varies. Contact Jillian Glick with details and if possible, share a photo that will enhance the posting.
- All promotion questions should be directed to Judy Trias or Jillian Glick.
Other Suggestions to Get the Word Out
- E-mail your committee/group and ask them to share the details.
- Use your personal social media channels to post event details and/or create an invitation.
- Send a press release before/after the event to the Jewish Exponent and local papers.
- Take high quality, engaging photos during your event. Send the best ones to Judy Trias and Jillian Glick to add to our Beth Or photo library as well as the photo gallery on the website home page.