Make a Difference through Sisterhood.
We are a community that welcomes women of all ages and stages of life. Learn, engage, and grow with us as we make a difference in our congregation, our community, and our world! Make lifelong friendships while supporting Jewish education, social action initiatives, and holiday celebrations.
Sisterhood strengthens Beth Or through support of...
- Zipporah S. Abramson Center for Early Childhood Education (CECE)
- Leonard & Madlyn Abramson Education Center (Religious School)
- B'nai Mitzvah & Confirmands
- Beth Or Youth Groups
- Beth Or College & Career Outreach Program (BOCCO)
- Social Action programming, i.e. Inter-Faith Housing Alliance apartment at Hope Gardens; Knitted hats, teddy bears & lap blankets for individuals in hospitals and long term care facilities; Preparing meals for the annual Ecumenical Luncheon and other synagogue functions & events.
Sisterhood provides scholarship assistance to...
- Rabbinic & Cantorial students.
- Students and Families in need.
- select merchandise and staff the Tarshis Gift Shop - the place to shop for Judaica, tallit, kippot and other ritual items, and gifts for all of life's celebrations.
- decorate the bimah for all major Jewish Holidays.
- make Rosh Hashanah sweeter by passing out apples & honey.
Join us for engaging & entertaining events throughout the year!
- Creative Shabbat Services & Women's Shabbatons
- Mah Jongg
- Theatre Outings
- Cooking Classes
- Trunk Shows
- And, much, much more!
Please click the button below to download a membership application.
Learn more about the BOCCO program, sending care packages to your college-age children using one of these options:
To reach Sisterhood for additional information contact info@BethOr Sisterhood.org.
Beth Or Sisterhood is a proud member of Women of Reform Judaism (WRJ).