Take a Tour
Beth Or is situated on 16 picturesque acres at the intersection of Welsh Road and Butler Pike in Maple Glen, PA. Our beautiful building, constructed in 2006, includes many state-of-the-art features. The spacious facility and expansive grounds allow us to offer diverse and robust programming - both indoors and outdoors - for our members as well as the surrounding community.
Serving 1000+ families, Beth Or provides a depth of worship experiences and programming that can be tailored to your needs at each stage of your life. Whether you are a young family looking for day care, pre-school or summer camp for your little ones, a family looking to enrich the Jewish education of your school-aged children, a young adult, single or married couple, or heading into your retirement years, you can find your place at Beth Or. In addition to worship services, holiday festivals, fun community events, and educational classes, there are many opportunities to get involved through participation in committees, volunteering, and social action/social justice programs.
Our building is welcoming and completely accessible to all, and includes:
- Gitlin Sanctuary - main worship space with 400 permanent seats and capacity up to 1500.
- Jayne Haines Memorial Chapel - intimate worship space with 100 person capacity
- Classrooms – 27 classrooms for early childhood, religious school, and adult classes
- Rosenfeld Social Hall – event space with flexible configuration, state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment, kitchen and 400 person seated capacity
- Multipurpose Room - flexible space for meetings, kiddush luncheons, and social activities
- Youth Lounge with indoor/outdoor Gaga Pit - hang out space for our youth programs
- Kitchens - 2 caterer-friendly kitchens, one on each level
- Shmear Café - volunteer-run cafe, open for bagels, coffee and kibitzing during Sunday school hours
- Olitsky Art Gallery - Artists display and sell their works during month-long exhibits with opening Shabbat reception. Learn more about our current artist and exhibit.
- Tarshis Gift Shop - Sisterhood-run shop filled with Judaica merchandise for any occasion. Items are refreshed regularly.
- Herzfeld Memorial Library - 4,000+ item library filled with Jewish literature and resources for all ages. Learn more about our library and find links to resources.
The campus and grounds include:
- Parking – 330 spaces, with handicap accessible spots located near building entrances
- Lakeside Terrace & Garbose Patio - outdoor spaces for worship and social events
- Goldstein Sukkah - adjacent to the Terrace, our beautiful Sukkah is used for Fall Festival worship and programming
- Kate Svitek Memorial Garden - lush plants, vibrant flowers and flowing water welcome you to our main building entrance
- Corner of our Land Vegetable Garden - volunteers plant and tend to a large garden, with all produce donated to help the food insecure in the local community
- 3 Playgrounds and Wading Pool for Young Children - brightly colored, age-appropriate play spaces with soft surfaces and adjacent wading pool for camp children
- Pond and Walking Path - stroll our grounds to contemplate and rejuvenate your soul
Are you ready to join our community? Please contact Jillian Glick, 215-646-5806 x234, to schedule a tour.
Coming soon: Visual tour of our building & grounds, and the beautiful stained glass of Beth Or!