About Support Groups
Congregation Beth Or offers support groups to help meet the emotional needs of a growing & diverse community. In our complex society where there is so much stress and often times not enough avenues to express feelings of loneliness, frustration, anger, helplessness, and sadness, Beth Or provides an outlet for you.
Our synagogue currently offers four support groups open to members and non-members to provide an emotional and confidential venue.
- Sandwich Generation: This group deals with adults who are taking care of elderly parents or ill spouses.
- Bereavement Support: This group consoles those who lost loved ones.
- Divorced Women: This group supports women who are going through separation or divorce.
- Mental Health: Participants in this group face such challenges as bipolar disorder, suicide, cutting and clinical depression.
- Cancer Patients and their families: Please contact Cantor Green at [email protected] or 215-646-5806 x218 for more information about this new group.
Each of these groups is facilitated by a mental health professional and meets once a month.
All sessions are conducted in confidence. If you are interested in finding out more about these groups or if you have a need to start a separate support group, please call Cantor David Green at 215-646-5806 x218.